To respond to the expanding global market demands in stainless steel, AWI Manufacturing began expanding its manufacturing and laser division earlier this year. The new 40, 000+ square foot expansion will house the new tube laser. Brent Johnson, of AWI says, “This addition of the tube laser to current flat lasers makes AWI Manufacturing a “one-stop shop”. We saw a strong need from our current customers to supply them with quality laser cut tube parts and we’re excited to be delivering and exceeding expectations!”
Here are some of the details of the new expansion:
- BLM Group Adige LaserTube LT8
- Round, square, rectangular, and special shaped tubes plus angle iron, channel, and flat bar.
- 3500 watt
- 3D Tilt head cutting
- Up to 28’ lengths
- Weld Seam Detection
- Clean Tube Spoon to prevent laser splatter on inside of tube (down to 1.38” diameter)
- Square Tubes min diameter .5”-max 8”
- Rectangular Tube min width .5” – max width 8
Now that the expansion is complete, AWI expects to be able to fill the orders needed to run at its new capacity. The new expansion will also be used for production of a variety of products for the food, dairy, and beverage industries . “It confirms our strong belief in the skills employees and culture of excellence at AWI. This factory is part of our future, and it is expected that several new employees will be hired in relation to the expansion,” says Brent Johnson of AWI.